POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shadow_darkness - feature suggestion : Re: Shadow_darkness - feature suggestion Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shadow_darkness - feature suggestion
From: Przemek Loesch
Date: 21 Jan 2005 16:30:00
Message: <web.41f173ed38e7ee1db0aac12c0@news.povray.org>
Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
> Do you mean like placing a normal light and a shadowless light at the
> same location, adjusting the brightness of each light and keeping the
> sum of their brightness constant?

O.K. This is the effect which I need and actually the similiar way which I
use currently to brighten shadows. I know it is easy to achieve this now
with existing Povray features, but the above method requires to double a
count of light sources and it is not so obvious and easy like writing one
additional keyword.
Anyway - all I want is to propose new feature. Maybe someone will find it
enough useful to implement it in the next version of Povray- unfortunately
my knowledge of Povray source code is not sufficient.

Greetings!

Przemek