POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : DNA creation help? : Re: DNA creation help? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DNA creation help?
From: Shurakai
Date: 19 Jan 2005 10:05:01
Message: <web.41ee76ad89e84e744ccd982c0@news.povray.org>
"Akuma" <afr### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I've been trying to create a strand of DNA using an isosurface. However, I
> keep having trouble creating the double helix using the function f_helix1
> found in functions.inc
>
> Could anybody give me an example double helix for me to start with? It'd be
> a big help.

There's a DNA strand included in the CrystalPOV scene template package. I
took the strand from Accelrys DS. In this program there's also a structure
data file included from a DNA strand. You can use several molecular
structure visualization programs to convert this data into a pov-ray scene
file. If You should not find it, i can send You the pov file.

Shu