POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Benchmark Results questions : Re: Benchmark Results questions Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:31:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Benchmark Results questions
From: Jerry Feldman
Date: 14 Jan 2005 11:20:00
Message: <web.41e7f0d21b382702d6123f770@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Interesting... I don't know any explanation for the differences, except
> that each compiler optimizes differently and gives a slight difference
> to when the interesection test passes or fails.
>
> One other note: Something like mesh, the bounding box could potentially
> be much larger than the actual object, resulting in a bounding miss
> (resulting in the low percentages)

Thanks again Mike. I reran one of the benchmarks and compared it with the
prior results. Nearly all the numbers were identical except for Height
Field Cell,   Isosurface Cache, and sphere, but there are some other issues
that might account for those possibly in the way I ran them. But,
essentially, you answered my question enough for the paper.