POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Reference Ideas : Re: POV-Ray Reference Ideas Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Reference Ideas
From: Renderdog
Date: 4 Jan 2005 12:25:00
Message: <web.41dad10d7fa2ab18df042bac0@news.povray.org>
Tom Galvin <tom### [at] impnospamorg> wrote:

> Yes.  Just like any other web site.  However, imp.org has been up for
> about six years and it resides on the same server.
>
> I could setup a nightly offsite backup.  Anyone want to donate ftp space.

Maybe if it takes off we can ask about having povray.org
host the information. Over the years I've seen a lot of websites
disappear but the POV-Ray organization seems pretty solid.

How does the OpenWiki relate to the Wikipedia? I notice there
is a different look (red/green links) to the OpenWiki. Once it
has some useful information I assume a link can be added to
the Wikipedia.

> Built into OpenWiki.
> http://povray.tirnalong.com/ow.asp?TitleIndex
> http://povray.tirnalong.com/ow.asp?FindPage  (with reg ex)

Nice to see the Find is limited to just the POV-Ray portion,
that will make searches quicker and more useful. Hopefully
it will work better than the POV-Ray Newsgroups Google
search (the old search was much more useful).

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_fairy

Are there Wiki devils?

> And it may not be, however It does provide a place for people to
> collaborate on documentation easily.  It is just a tool for people to
> use.  Time will tell if this works or not for the community.

It looks promising and it certainly will have my support, looking
forward to seeing how it evolves!