POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : objects not rendering because of distances, etc : objects not rendering because of distances, etc Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  objects not rendering because of distances, etc
From: EagleSun
Date: 31 Dec 2004 17:15:01
Message: <web.41d5ced023b780309011d8b10@news.povray.org>
Hi yall,

I'm trying to render the sun and earth... the problem is, if I set the sun
far away properly to 149 million kilometers (scale = 1000), or even 149
billion meters (scale = 1), the sun won't render at all, but the object
details on earth look nice.

If I try to change the scale, like setting the sun to 149 thousand
megameters (scale = 1,000,000), the sun renders fine, but the earth details
are bombed.

I made every effort to set proper scaling on earth surface, water turbulance
(water seems to look nice on any scale), clouds (looks nice on scale 1 thru
100), atmosphere (looks nice on scales 1 thru 100), distance of sun
(renders if scale is larger than 1000).

Can anyone give me clues?

Ideally, I would like to render the sun at 149 billion meters, and
eventually trillions of meters for Pluto.

Thanks.