POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : contemporary photorealism : Re: contemporary photorealism Server Time
8 Sep 2024 19:03:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: contemporary photorealism
From: Loki
Date: 20 Dec 2004 06:10:00
Message: <web.41c6b2f0e72f5907e9068d670@news.povray.org>
I'm not going to do the obvious - it seems it's been done to death already -
so instead I wanted to suggest something which could be improved in POVRay,
I expect very simply.  Maybe there is a plugin/macro or something to do
this already (I'm a bit new...) but I would like to see something like
this:

  diffuse { bozo ... }
  specular { image_map ... }

i.e. different mapping on different texture channels.  Using multiple
channels of proper texturing, rather than layers, this would make it
possible to achieve some incredible images.

Just 2p to add...

-