POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Ship Opening better : Re: Ship Opening better Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:59:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ship Opening better
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 16 Dec 2004 19:40:00
Message: <web.41c229ba6bc67a6c8a85f6810@news.povray.org>
"m1j" <m1j### [at] coxnet> wrote:
> I was already think of that. The catch is the math to get the motion down.
> Connecting both ends and maintaining the proper angle. This should be in the
> next version.
>

> "Matt Burns" <mac### [at] wppl> wrote in message
> > Hi:
> >
> > Excellent modelling and HDRI lighting.
> > It would be nice to install a canopy lifting jack in the hinge area. The
> > whole canopy seems to be quite heavy and such jack would add to otherwise
> > convincing scene.
> >
> > Matt

I have no Idea if anybody is still watching this thread, but I was thinking
that I had the same problem with an animation I did for something I was
working on a while back.

http://speedy.sdsmt.edu/~1305761/anim/Animtest.mov

I could post the source, but it's a little hard to sift through, I need to
do a re-write to make it easier to work with.  After working on it for a
while, I basicly started shoe-horning things in, now it's a complete mess.

ADB