POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : QTVR panorama freewares ? : Re: QTVR panorama freewares ? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QTVR panorama freewares ?
From: WhackedPinata
Date: 16 Dec 2004 17:15:00
Message: <web.41c2073ee9a63123a23c36e70@news.povray.org>
Gilles, all, it's an honor.

I know that this is an old thread, but I wanted to let you all know about
two freeware applications that are now available to make QTVR panoramas.

Our firm recently put out a QTVR presentation using PC's. Most of the
panoramas were done by rendering a scene out from POV-Ray using a sperical
camera, then using Photoshop to turn the image 180degrees, then using
freeware PanoCUBE to convert the image into a QTVR MOV file. One QTVR was
produced with VIZ4 by another coworker, then I had to extract it, edit and
re-write with PanoCUBE. I rendered the last one with SketchUp, touched it
up in Photoshop then converted with PanoCUBE.

If it's kosher, I'll post a link to the presentation online. In the
meantime, here are links to PanoCUBE (freeware, needs PanoTOOLS' PTStitcher
and pano12.dll to work) and GoCubic (freeware, based on VRMakePano).

http://www.panoshow.com/panocube.htm
http://www.panoguide.com/howto/display/gocubic.jsp

-WhackedPinata

PS - first time poster, please forgive me if I did not format links
correctly to be active