POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : using coordinate vectors in #if statements : using coordinate vectors in #if statements Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:27:51 EDT (-0400)
  using coordinate vectors in #if statements
From: Floyd
Date: 11 Dec 2004 10:30:00
Message: <web.41bb1118d37e6b4d5ca17c0e0@news.povray.org>
I'm using trace() to place objects on a height-field, but I don't want to
place them above a certain elevation.  I tried using an

#if (y > 10)

statement to remove the objects above y=10 out of view, but I get a parser
error back that y is a vector, <0,1,0>, and a float is expected.  How do I
extract the value of y out of the coordinate vector for conditional
testing?

Thanks,
Floyd