POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Camera properties : Re: Camera properties Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera properties
From: wapper20@hotmail com
Date: 9 Dec 2004 04:15:01
Message: <web.41b81767afef9eb075e0e1cf0@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> "Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message
> >
> > camera
> > { location 0 look_at z
> >  rotate <Heading, Pitch>
> >  translate Location
> > }
>
> Not sure if this is right. Possible that Heading could be y rotation,
> instead, since both were given as "x" by mistake. And there's also the
> possibility world coordinates differ, Quest3D being unlike POV-Ray (I
> couldn't find that out), such as y=z and vice versa, in which case the two
> value vector <x,y> will be incorrect.
>
> Usually POV scenes use x rotation for a "pitch" and y rotation as a
> "heading", z can tilt but would need to be done as separate rotation first.
> This is the way it would be for Warp's example, looking at +z from location
> 0.
>
> Bob H.

I tryd the following code:
camera
{ location 0 look_at z
  rotate <0, 0>
  translate Location
}
but I get an error when I render the scene.
"Parse error: Expected 'numeric expression', undeclared identifier
'Location' found instead".

Maybe I make a stupid mistake, but I'm new to Pov-Ray.
Somebody knows what is wrong?