POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : New Member : Re: New Member Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:28:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Member
From: EagleSun
Date: 8 Dec 2004 09:45:00
Message: <web.41b7127245a542089011d8b10@news.povray.org>
Stephen McAvoy <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On Mon,  6 Dec 2004 13:42:16 EST, "EagleSun" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
> >Hi everyone!
>
> Welcome to the newsgroup EagleSun. Not only can you chat to fellow
> Pover's you can post you pictures on Povray.binaries.images BTW there
> is a tradition of the first post being a variation of a reflective
> sphere on a chequered plane. That might fit in with your Astronomy
> scenes.
>

> Regards
>         Stephen

Thanks Steven!

I wasn't planning to post a sphere on a checkered plane, and it was one of
my first renders after finding POV-Ray... but I'll see what I can do,
hopefully it'll be a killer of a render.  And I did see the
povray.binaries.images shortly after finding the newsgroups, and I'll check
it out.