POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No output image file? : No output image file? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:10:40 EDT (-0400)
  No output image file?
From: Uplah
Date: 6 Dec 2004 07:40:00
Message: <web.41b452796cc9ce6670a8302d0@news.povray.org>
Hello all!

I'm back on POV-ray 3.6.1 for windows, trying to render a high res scene of
2 molecules overlaid on top each other. Unbelievably, the .pov file VMD
generated is 1.3GB! I've tried it in both POV-ray and MegaPOV, but no image
file is generated. It just says:

Total Scene Processing Times
  Parse Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
  Photon Time:   0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
  Cloth Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
  Mechsim Time:  0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
  Render Time:   0 hours  9 minutes 44 seconds (584 seconds)
  Postpr. Time:  0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
  Total Time:    0 hours  9 minutes 44 seconds (584 seconds)
CPU time used: kernel 8.94 seconds, user 275.69 seconds, total 284.63
seconds

POV-Ray finished

I've tested the program with other scenes and it works fine. Does anyone
know what I can do to fix this? I have 1GB RAM and various free GBs of hard
disk space over many partitions.

Thanks in advance!

Uplah