POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Pre/Post scene commands in OSX : Re: Pre/Post scene commands in OSX Server Time
18 May 2024 10:49:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pre/Post scene commands in OSX
From: chris morgan
Date: 5 Dec 2004 22:55:00
Message: <web.41b3d6c8905a531a70217cea0@news.povray.org>
Thorsten,

Thanks for the info and thanks for letting me know where in the todo list
these GUI features stand.  I am looking forward to version 3.6.2 especially
if you have time to add these features but I know how busy you must be!

  Actually, I can start a Render job using Applescript by sending the
keyboard shortcut with the following GUI code.

 tell application "System Events"
  tell process "POV-Ray Mac 3.6"
   keystroke "r" using {command down}
  end tell
 end tell

So starting a render job isn't a problem for me, but knowing when the job is
over is hard to find out.  I have even tried having POV-Ray write a file
saying "done" and having Applescript check it periodically but POV-Ray
would write it before it was done rendering completely.

Anyway, at present I am trying to install the command line UNIX version and
since I am having a few problems with that I am going to post a message on
the Unix message board.  Thanks again,
Chris