POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Camera properties : Camera properties Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:27:40 EDT (-0400)
  Camera properties
From: wapper20@hotmail com
Date: 2 Dec 2004 08:35:00
Message: <web.41af198d6dde3abe75e0e1cf0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

On school we are busy whith an project. in this project we use a real-time
renderer (Quest3D) to walk through a scene. But when the user presses the
render button our program needs to render the scene.

So there is an user walking through our virtual environment and when he hits
the button, pov-ray must render what the user sees.

In Quest3D the camera has some properties like the position vector(x,y,z)
and the heading and the pitch. The heading and the heading can be seen as
the x-rotation and the pitch as the x-rotation.
Does the pov-ray camera support these properties?

what we want to do is this:
When the user hits the button, a script in Quest3D looks what the properties
are from the camera (position, rotation) and writes these to a pov-ray
file.

Can we do this? or do we need to calculatie new properties for the pov-ray
camera?