POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HELP Using macro to visualise mathematical functions : Re: HELP Using macro to visualise mathematical functions Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP Using macro to visualise mathematical functions
From: The Ugly
Date: 30 Nov 2004 14:25:01
Message: <web.41acc8c098a169fb55f15cf90@news.povray.org>
Sorry, Im quite new to POV-Ray, and I know that I should read the
Documentation more. But I dont live in an English speaking country and Im
only 14 years old, all these mathematical terms can be quite hard to
undertand (lame excuse :p ).

Anyway, I made some last minute modifications before i posted the original
letter and I forgot to change "MyFunc(N*N)" to "MyFunc(1,N*N)" (or
whatever).

Thanks for the code Shay and Mike...this function-thing will simplify a lot
of my other scenes.

Just to set things straight: There is no way to sort of build in the
"function(n) { ... }" bit into the macro so that the user just has to type
"X*X" instead of "function(x) { x*x }" when calling it?