POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : best pattern for sea animation? : Re: best pattern for sea animation? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: best pattern for sea animation?
From: stm31415
Date: 27 Nov 2004 22:30:00
Message: <web.41a94559391135dccc0346870@news.povray.org>
You can make the water ripple under an object if you're using normals (put a
shape just .0001 above the water, and give it a different normal. It takes
a little work to get the right look). Unfortunately, as has been mentioned,
normals are not nearly as good looking as a heightfield or a isosurface of
the same function. I think I have an animation somewhere that sows a normal
ocean with a rippling object...Let me see...

-S
5TF!