POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : color of image map in POVray image : Re: color of image map in POVray image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: color of image map in POVray image
From: Brigitte
Date: 27 Nov 2004 06:55:01
Message: <web.41a86a36440eb84e2a7121890@news.povray.org>
"William Pokorny" <pokorny_at_epix.net> wrote:
> Not sure. Suppose you might see some shift with certain default or explicit
> finishes.
>
> What happens if you change the finish for the object with the image map
> applied to { ambient 1.0 diffuse 0.0 } ?  Do you still see a color shift?

I've now used an image map (jpeg image) that contains one single color
rgb<94/255,46/255,51/255>
If I apply no lighting, and finish{ambient 1.0 diffuse 0.0},
the resulting color is rgb<162/255,115/255,122/255>, so it's a lot brighter
than the original.

I've also tried to find a value for ambient where the brightness is more or
less the same as in the original image
finish{ambient 0.3 diffuse 0.0} gives a color rgb<93/255,67/255,70/255> so
inexplicably the result contains proportionally less red.

> Are you looking at the original image and ray traced image on the same
> computer monitor?

I have measured the colors both of the original image and the POV ray result
using paint shop pro, and I am watching them on the same monitor ...