POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Domino action : Re: Domino action Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:56:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Domino action
From: Bathurstfreak
Date: 25 Nov 2004 21:30:01
Message: <web.41a6947147896930fce34a90@news.povray.org>
> Impressive!  How did you do the kinematics?  I have
> previously tried making dominos with the mechsim feature but
> didn't get very far at all as it seemed too slow to
> calculate more than even a few dominos.
Well I didn't do the kinematics or the animation (though I've got a
rollercoaster coming up next), though I would probably have an activation
frame (if statement) for each domino and any frames greater than the
activation frame rotate (using difference) it to a set value that can't be
exceeded. a power statement may be required to accurately control the
dominos rotation.