POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Unhandled exception rendering guassianblob.pov in 3.6 : Re: Unhandled exception rendering guassianblob.pov in 3.6 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unhandled exception rendering guassianblob.pov in 3.6
From: Dan
Date: 15 Nov 2004 09:30:01
Message: <web.4198bceb330fe60dc8b9853a0@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

> The scene design was and is defective.  We just forgot to remove it from the
> distribution.
>
>     Thorsten

> Thorsten Froehlich
> e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg
>
> I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.

Thank you for your official response. Though I don't understand
what is wrong in the scene design, I think that this should
be listed as a bug. Any sequence of code that causes the program
to crash is bad. The fact that it works without problems in 3.5
just makes it more likely that the bug will be encountered.