POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : This Human Hair Tutorial : This Human Hair Tutorial Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:26:38 EDT (-0400)
  This Human Hair Tutorial
From: ShiJie
Date: 15 Nov 2004 02:35:00
Message: <web.41985b2199814a1a174727610@news.povray.org>
Dear NG,

I lack much knowledge on many of the features of PovRay. So I better ask the
people here who are more knowledgeable than me, before I try this out.

Is this
http://www.comet-cartoons.com/toons/3ddocs/hair/
possible on PovRay?
(I didn't understand it 100%) but it seems to be only UV-mapping..
(uh..uhm.. I'm not sure if Texture-mapping is also a UV-mapping.. in fact I
don't know what UV-mapping exactly is..) but there is also opacity mapping
(sorry if this is also a UV-mapping.. but I have the feeling that it is
not)

Sorry for my stupidity, I'll read more on UV-mapping when I get the time.

Is there a way one can make the tutorial above PovRayable?

Thanks in advance

Sincerely,
Jose Capco