POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modelling/rendering humans : Re: Modelling/rendering humans Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modelling/rendering humans
From: ShiJie
Date: 15 Nov 2004 02:25:00
Message: <web.419858dbcb1db2a1174727610@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:
> > You can try DAZ Studio (it is free) to set up the character and some of
> > the free models at DAZ or Renderosity. DAZ Studio reads Poser files. To
> > render it in POV-Ray you can use PoseRay.
>
> Thanks, this has gotten me started. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any
> of these free models. The DAZ site doesn't seem to have any at all, and
> Renderosity has a "free stuff" area, but it's so poorly organized and
> difficult to search that I can't really get anything out of it. (There are
> plenty of models, but none of them actually seem to be characters.)
> Frustrating!
>
>  - Slime
>  [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Anton Matkovic has beautiful girl models in Hamapatch and SPatch (Both of
which are free path modeller). I don't have the website now but it's easily
googlable.
I also made a male version of his models and I might put up a tutorial
sometime in the future for realistic human patch modelling (I posted one of
them in the povray.binaries.images newsgroup). In my opinion Matkovic
tutorial and works on human is by far the best free and easily available
human model. If you can't find the models in Matkovic's site (I think he
removed it but I am not sure) I can also send you the patches of them.

Sincerely,
Jose Capco