POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help creating a 5-pointed gem like star : Help creating a 5-pointed gem like star Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Help creating a 5-pointed gem like star
From: busabus
Date: 12 Nov 2004 06:55:01
Message: <web.4194a37fc3889db3abbc0b2f0@news.povray.org>
I've been out of the POV scene for quite a few years (since I left
compuserve!) and I'm trying to get back into it.

I'm attempting to create a 3D 5-pointed star that is faceted like a gem,
kind of like this
http://www.lidinc.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/SM%20STAR%20K166%20GIF.jpg,
and it's bugging me.  I know I could create it by calculating the points
and putting them into a mesh, but there must be a simpler way of getting
POV to do all the hard work.

Any pointers/links etc would be really helpful.

Many thanks

Dan