POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Real sky : Re: Real sky Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real sky
From: Reynald
Date: 11 Nov 2004 14:50:00
Message: <web.4193c11f7f847b5d8a5317770@news.povray.org>
> Couldn't it be said that POV-Ray does support wavelength-dependant
> scattering, but that it only works with three wavelengths (R,G,B), and you
> must specify the scattering for each one manually?

eh! eh! good question! I'm also waiting for an answer...

Meanwhile I have found a very nice paper about the structure and the
physical properties of the atmosphere (in french):
http://www.techniques-ingenieur.fr/affichage/DispIntro.asp?nGcmId=E4030

From this paper I get this "atmosphere":
http://www.guidevtt.com/Z_Povland/PovRay_atmosphere/SphereAtmosphere3.php

.... promising!... but still not realistic. Probably the main difficulty is
the lack of multiple scattering with povray. Any suggestion?

[Reynald] - www.guidevtt.com