POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Real sky : Re: Real sky Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real sky
From: Reynald
Date: 7 Nov 2004 07:05:01
Message: <web.418e0e6c7f847b5d563b19540@news.povray.org>
> "MakeClouds"

Thanks for the link. These "cloudscapes" are really great! I've seen that
"MakeClouds" uses sky spheres for the blue or the sunset background. I
would like to find a set of media that would scatter and absorb light the
same way the real sky do. I'm quit sure (but I'm a new user!) that it is
possible to do it with povray. I don't care about rendering time...

Till now I can get a "pseudo-real" blue sky, and "pseudo-real" sunset but
I'm using different sets of media. I'd like to find THE set that would
render blue when the "sun" is placed along the normal to the landscape,
reddish when the sun is close to the horizon etc...

[Reynald] - www.guidevtt.com