POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A little CSG help : A little CSG help Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:28:59 EDT (-0400)
  A little CSG help
From: Mutley2003
Date: 5 Nov 2004 21:30:00
Message: <web.418c3672dcf0fdac265d26690@news.povray.org>
At least I think it is CSG that I need. I am still learning Povray, or
should I say I have just started to learn ... an hour or so here and there.

OK, I can make a nice piece of virtual wood with a somewhat realistic
pattern on it and some "moulding" effects , using a prism.

What I want to do is "cut" this piece into 4, then take a 45 degree "slice"
off each corner, then "glue" the bits together, just like you would do if
you were making a picture frame in the physical world.

The reason I want to use a single piece and the cut/slice/glue process
(rather than building 4 separate pieces) is I want it to look like it all
came from the one piece.

Can someone give me some help on the CSG for cutting and slicing?

thank you