POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Real sky : Re: Real sky Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real sky
From: Jeff
Date: 5 Nov 2004 18:05:00
Message: <web.418c06437f847b5d6e107ea0@news.povray.org>
I just found an amazing site about an hour ago - don't recall the URL, but
he uses media density files (.DF3) to make the clouds... AND there is a
link on the site page (page = "MakeClouds" macro) to another site for a
freeware utility to make DF3 files from a series of .TGA files. Just look
at the demo images on the MakeClouds sub-page to see, you will be amazed.

You want to search the povray site, or perhaps these newsgroups for "Gilles
Trans" (the name of the person / artist that owns the site). When you get
to the site click "resources" and go to "MakeClouds" macro. (I would
download / archive the MakeClouds HTML page - thats what I did - I
downloaded his .ZIPS, and jumped to that other link on the page for that
TGA to DF3 tool).

If you can't find "Gilles Trans", try a websearch for "MakeClouds" and
"macro".