POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : "Accurate" "Normal" Field of View (FoV)? : Re: "Accurate" "Normal" Field of View (FoV)? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Accurate" "Normal" Field of View (FoV)?
From: Jeff
Date: 3 Nov 2004 04:40:00
Message: <web.4188a6e3e293e888aab3f0cb0@news.povray.org>
Le Forgeron:

Thanks, I did something similar this morning (made a mistake in the
measurements though, I need to do it over again).

I measured (or rather will measure again) my computer room - AND measure the
furniture in it (tall bookshelves, packing boxes, chairs, etc...) - modeled
everything in a POV file (just simple approximate pigments).

I stand in a corner and just look at the room (using only one eye - I HAVE
two eyes of course, but the comparison is meaningless if I use binocular
vision)... note where my perception "falls off" on the walls (I might try
putting marked stickynotes on the walls as markers later).

I render, then keep adjusting the POV camera angle until it seems as
identical as possible to what I perceive (deliberately ignoring too much
peripherial vision). As a check, I derive extremes - I find the "this is
DEFINITELY too much telephoto look", and I find the "this is DEFINITELY too
much wide angle", and then find the midpoint. Etc.