POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Super Still Life : Re: Super Still Life Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:08:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Super Still Life
From: James A Coons
Date: 3 Nov 2004 02:10:00
Message: <web.4188834933662c86917b435b0@news.povray.org>
Gena <gen### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Is there anybody interested in collective project?
> The idea is not new:
>
> Gena.

I have had another idea that I thought would be interesting.
(a) Start with a simple "stock" image, possibly from a POV Template.
(b) Fix the camera location and POV units of measurement.
(c) Individual users would modify the scene using some simple rules.
   (1) Only one major object can be added or changed at a time.
   (2) Changes can include textures, pigments, method of drawing
   (3) Smaller objects can be added to improve an existing object.
(d) Each subsequent "evolution" would be added to a list, with source code.
(e) Additional "evolutions" would start with the most recent source code.

Any thoughts?

James Coons