POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Isosurface object calling an external function/program??? : Isosurface object calling an external function/program??? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:27:14 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface object calling an external function/program???
Date: 2 Nov 2004 10:25:01
Message: <web.4187a58d139a9eb41ad39b350@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I would like to use POV-Ray for scientific visualisation. The isosurface
capability sounds very interesting for my problem. In my case however, the
function I need to evaluate is a bit complicated (and involves sums of
elements defined outside POV-Ray). Is it possible to call a function
defined outside POV-Ray (in a shared lib) inside the isosurface object???
Could anyone give me an exemple of how to do this?

Thanks,