POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov-Clan advert: Read for info on applying! : Pov-Clan advert: Read for info on applying! Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Pov-Clan advert: Read for info on applying!
From: Ghost Dog
Date: 28 Oct 2004 05:40:01
Message: <web.4180bd4e8b52ff17563d27f50@news.povray.org>
First of all, if this turns out to be against the rules, then I apologise in
advance.

Okay, so here goes...
I would like to start a clan for povray, where people share ideas and help
amongst themselves. Not only that, this clan would make collaborative works
of art, and put them on a web page. If possible, the clan would submit them
to the IRTC as well (haven't checked the rules on group artworks yet, so it
might just be for kicks!).
If you are interested, then contact my e-mail address:
**************************
*gho### [at] hotmailcom*
**************************
There are some simple rules for the applications:
1: NO PICTURES
  I know this seems kind of silly, but at the moment, I want to learn about
the person the clan will work with. I am not going to let a moron join even
if he has used POV-RAY for 10 years, has a broadband internet connection
with a webpage all attached to a Cray supercomputer network!

2:Keep the application short and simple
  I am not interseted in your life's history(unless you born from a .pov)
  I am not interested in your age, whether or not you are male or
  female, etc. I just want the following:
      i) How long you have used Pov-Ray
     ii) What you think you can bring to the clan
    iii) Whether or not you have any awards or prizes for anything
         related to Pov-Ray. (Remember: NO PICTURES! Just a brief
description
         plz)
     iv) TRY to keep it under 200 words. I don't want to trawl through a
         ten-page essay on what it is to be in a Clan.
      v) (optional) a suggestion for a clan name.
3: Leave your Name/nick (whatever you want) and your e-mail address CLEARLY
at the bottom of your e-mail.
4: At the top, the subject of your e-mail should be:
POV-CLAN APPLICATION FORM
(STAGE ONE)
   This is so I can keep a track of who is actually applying for a post.

There are ten openings at the moment. I am looking for people to lend ideas,
render tests, render a large high-spec version (People with good P.Cs take
note!), and put it on our own personal web page (web page designers also
take note). If there are more posts required, I'll let you know.
At the moment, there isn't a closing date or anything, but please send a
form promptly. eventually, I'll have about 20/30 applications to go
through, and I'll announce that I'm no longer taking applications after a
certain date.
This could be tomorrow, or next year. It's up to you guys!!