POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Rendering stops : Re: Rendering stops Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:39:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering stops
From: tim [at] digitalimplosion [dot!] net
Date: 27 Oct 2004 22:10:00
Message: <web.418054324eb26e9bf8bf12940@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Calimet <pov### [at] freefr> wrote:
> > cannot be allocated, resulting in the process to be killed (which is
> > not the case here, otherwise you would not even get the final stats)
>
>  Correction: POV-Ray might catch the killing signal (as it does
> when the user aborts manually with Ctrl+C) and quit "gracefully", thus
> printing these stats.  However I don't really have the possibility to
> test this particular situation.
>  Does POV-Ray report memory statistics as well ?
>
>  - NC

Hey folks:

I just ran into this trouble, and was greatful to find this causae, and
possible solution.

I am working on renderring a LEGO Brick model, and the error came up at 402K
tokens.  This explains alot, I am now trying to render on a bigger machine.

I am also wondering if breaking the model into include files, and objects
would help this.

Thanks in advance

Tim