POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: circle or spiral by spline ?? : Re: circle or spiral by spline ?? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:48:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: circle or spiral by spline ??
From: Shurakai
Date: 14 Oct 2004 08:15:01
Message: <web.416e6c9b20cabba66b3522e90@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:

> I recommend that you read a little about Rational B-Splines.
>
> --
> Tor Olav
> http://subcube.net
> http://subcube.com

Well, actually i'm not a mathematical genius, sorry, i don't deal with
mathematics at all ;). I'm chemist and mathematics was always a riddle for
me. But there should be a way to define a nearly perfect circle using a
cubic B-spline and putting the start and end controllpoint somewhere far
away. but it did not worked. I tried a lot to shift the control points, but
no way :((
Here the spline and the pic.
#declare C_Path4 = spline { natural_spline
    -0.25      <  -26.666, 0,  0>,
     0.00,     <        0, 0, 20>,
     0.25,     <       20, 0,  0>,
     0.50,     <        0, 0,-20>,
     0.75,     <      -20, 0,  0>,
     1.00,     <        0, 0, 20>,
     1.25,     <   26.666, 0,  0>};

Maybe i'm totally wrong and a circle can't be declare by a spline

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'spline.jpg' (81 KB)

Preview of image 'spline.jpg'