POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : circle or spiral by spline ?? : circle or spiral by spline ?? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:10:42 EDT (-0400)
  circle or spiral by spline ??
From: Shurakai
Date: 14 Oct 2004 07:00:01
Message: <web.416e5bf8995f63ba6b3522e90@news.povray.org>
Hi everybody,

i tried to create a perfect circle using the spline function. But somehow i
wasn't able to create a real circle. The problem is i can't use Chris
Colefax's spline macro, because it's not working with my PovRay. Always
produces a fatal error ??!! The prob is i need the circle defined by a
spline otherwise my animation debug macro will show no path for the camera.
Anyway is there a trick ?? I tried cubic, quadratic and natural splines,
but no chance, never a real circle. The spline looks always a bit weird.
not perfectly round. And the camera moves near and far from the focused
object, when going around on the spline.
Then i tried to create a spiral, but there i have the same problem.
Please if someone knows a solution, i would be happy to know it also :).

Have fun, Shu.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'anim.mpg' (553 KB)