POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : how to create a wall made of stones : Re: how to create a wall made of stones Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:14:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to create a wall made of stones
From: blenderhead
Date: 12 Oct 2004 08:10:00
Message: <web.416bc919d1ea55e529322d750@news.povray.org>
"Tom Melly" <pov### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote:
> These images
> http://www.tomandlu.co.uk/webres/raytracing/gallery/pics/tmwinter.jpg
> http://www.tomandlu.co.uk/webres/raytracing/gallery/pics/tmsummer.jpg
>
> use a macro from this file
> http://www.tomandlu.co.uk/webres/raytracing/gallery/tmwinter.zip

And they look interesting... ;) Thank you for this, although it is not
exactly what I wanted. I am really a newbie and I just want to have a wall
made of bricks (not of natural stone, although it looks nice), but the
bricks should look like real bricks. A possible solution would be to add a
kind of translation to the texture of each stone. Now it looks like this:

 ---------------   -----------------   -----------------
|Texture starts | |...continues     | |...and so on     |
|at this brick..| |here...          | |                 |

As you well know, this doesn't look very realistic, because the bricks are
made from different stones (but the same kind of stone), they are mixed up
during construction and so on. I want it like this:

|Brick with    | |another brick    | |...texture that   | |...by the mortar|
|stone texture | |with similar...  | | is interrupted...| |                |

Any idea how I could do this?