POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Inverse Kinematics System : Re: Inverse Kinematics System Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:13:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inverse Kinematics System
From: stm31415
Date: 30 Sep 2004 17:15:00
Message: <web.415c766c18636ecddf706a580@news.povray.org>
> There is my "How to make an IK leg" on http://runevision.com/3d/povgoodies/
> but it can only be used for 2-bone structures. My unreleased bone system for
> AL the Alien basically just combine a few of these and the rest is forward
> kinematics. I have never succeeded in creating "real" inverse kinematics.

Gotcha.

> I'm very interested!

Good! I'll keep at it then. I just noticed a problem this morning, but over
the course of my classes I think I've got a couple solutions. No, I just
have to decide whether or not to use the harder, more elegant one...

Anyway, I'll keep at it, if I'm not just repeating someone else's work. As
far as I can tell, the closest thing to what I'm doing is a separate
program that can give a POV file for a given frame of an animation.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

5 Tons Flax!
-S