POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Inverse Kinematics System : Inverse Kinematics System Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Inverse Kinematics System
From: stm31415
Date: 29 Sep 2004 23:50:01
Message: <web.415b81a32548019dc14c15240@news.povray.org>
Anyhoo, I have been messing around with IK for robotics, and I decided to
implement it in POV. After about a month of hacking, something is really
beginning to take shape. I googled POV-related IK, and really found very
little. (I think Rune has something squirreled away somewhere that is more
significant that the neck include file, but he doesn't appear to be letting
go of it...)

I'd just like to find out if anybody knows whether or not I'm duplicating
work. I am planning an all-out walking system, but right now I have an IK
system with arbitrary numbers of joints, lengths of segments, starting
position, axes, and goal. It fits neatly in under 200 lines (though it will
get bigger again when/if I really get going ;)), and reaches an random
goal in just more than a second.

Is this a 'hello world' project everyone does? Or should I finish the sucker
and throw it online for people to use?

Thanks for your feedback.

-S
5 Tons Flax!