POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Volume and Area Calculations in POV-Ray ? : Volume and Area Calculations in POV-Ray ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Volume and Area Calculations in POV-Ray ?
From: Hans-Werner
Date: 24 Sep 2004 18:45:00
Message: <web.4154a3219588c952536167b10@news.povray.org>
Can I use POV-Ray also for doing area and volume calculations ?
Here is an example:

Suppose the mathematical function y=exp(-x^2). Greetings to Gauss !
Now this function rotates around the z-Axis.
Now I cut off a cylinder from this volume.
Maybe along the x-Axis.
Is it possible to calculate the volume that was cutted off ?

Good night