POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Re: Toruses are making me cry. : Re: Toruses are making me cry. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:11:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Toruses are making me cry.
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 15 Sep 2004 18:20:00
Message: <web.4148bf56e713e40a8c7259570@news.povray.org>
>   (By the way, even if you "translate" a torus or apply other
> transformations to it, the torus will still be sitting in the
> origin, so the transformations you apply to the torus will
> actually not affect the complexity of the ray-torus intersection
> solving.)

Uh-oh.  I was following you, agreeing with you, nodding my head, (and you
are right about the simplifications, at least in hand calculations, I've
done them; I don't know anything about the programming) until I got to this
part.  Could you explain this a bit further, at the risk of hijacking the
thread?

Thanks

Dave Matthews