POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : cutting irregular holes?! : Re: cutting irregular holes?! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cutting irregular holes?!
From: frozen
Date: 14 Sep 2004 06:00:00
Message: <web.4146c119732004dc1f09a3bc0@news.povray.org>
Dear Mike,

thanks a lot for this hint! It is quite hard to do it this way with Moray,
since it seems to have problems when the scene gets "full" (objects are
invisible, if another object is behind (!) them).. But it works great, once
it works! I hope, it is possible, to fill the cut area with some other CSGs
and primitives, to build the window glass pieces... At these ages, it
wasn't possible to create large glass pieces, to fill a complete window
with one piece... I'm afraid, this will be my next question.

I'm afraid, I will have to do my scene in pure Povray code, since I finished
approx. 10% of it and Moray already has problems.. This might be the death
of my idea.. :-(

Thankful greetings,

frozen