POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : RGB<->HEX : Re: RGB<->HEX Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RGB<->HEX
From: Mike Thorn
Date: 9 Sep 2004 23:10:00
Message: <web.41411a7c338914b349700cac0@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:
> So for example, with the color #36F0CF :
>
> 36 -> 3*16 + 6  = 54
> F0 -> 15*16 + 0 = 240
> CF -> 12*16 + 15 = 207
>
> color: rgb <54, 240, 207>/255
>
> It would probably be possible to make a macro that automates this process.
> One may already exist.

Wonderful; that's a huge help. Thanks a bunch!

Actually it's partially automated for me - GIMP, my main image manipulation
piece, automatically gives a hex value for RGB and vice versa, so I just
need to do the /255 part.

Thanks again,
~Mike (desperately hoping this reply doesn't register as a new topic)