POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Dust : Re: Dust Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dust
From: Vladimir
Date: 29 Aug 2004 10:40:00
Message: <web.4131e9a1dab9b99e4e987f070@news.povray.org>
the dust I would be moddelling would be on the upper surfaces of objects -
airborne dust can be pretty well simulated with media. The one thought I
had would be this: Is there any way to create a loop that distinguishes all
surfaces facing in a single direction or at least partly in a direction ie
set to pick up y facing surfaces would also pick up the line x*y. Dont know
whether that makes sense. It would then add a semi transparent layer on top
of the current texture. Im not sure how I would go about writing this or
even if it is possible in povray.
Peter