POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to change union or merge object's "center" ? : How to change union or merge object's "center" ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  How to change union or merge object's "center" ?
From: James B
Date: 27 Aug 2004 17:55:00
Message: <web.412facec60b486d9c471b5830@news.povray.org>
It occured to me while merging several objects together in anticipation of
rotating and translating them as part of an animation that it would be MUCH
simpler if I could adjust the  "zero point" (I don't know the
nomenclature!) of the object ...

that is, say for example I joined some objects together and wanted to make
them rotate ... is there an easy way to reset what the (0,0,0) point of the
large, combined object is so that I don't have to do a bunch of voodoo in
the rotate statement?