POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : White dots in scene (media or more ?) : White dots in scene (media or more ?) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:29:40 EDT (-0400)
  White dots in scene (media or more ?)
From: sprocket
Date: 25 Aug 2004 18:05:01
Message: <web.412d0c5694cbd99ce49908910@news.povray.org>
When i render a scene using spot lights and media and surface normals on
some surfaces (in a room) I get bright white dots appearing in the
reflections and media.
They are brighter then anything else in the scene and look like artifacts or
bugs.
I have increased the trace level to 15 and the render messg. says it only
traces to 13 so thats covered.
Ive also tried moving the camera and turing the floor normal (worst
offender) off, and this helped a little,
but i think its the media..
Is it the light attenuation and interaction ?
I new to pov (8 mths) and this is my first post so please be nice :)
thanks in advance.
Sean