POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : camera problems : Re: camera problems Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: camera problems
From: Manuel Mata
Date: 24 Aug 2004 07:45:01
Message: <web.412b29a8a547e5a6bd92f76b0@news.povray.org>
"sHURAKAI" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> But i need to have it focused to a single point. Or even better i would
> like to create another spline for the look_at. Is it possible ?

Right. That happens because u use the spline macros, that make calculations
to move the camera along the path. If you use the spline keyword (that is
normal splines provided by povray) u can do that. For example:

#declare myPath=spline{
point 1,
point 2,
}

#declare myLook_at=spline{
point a,
point b,
}

camera{location myPath(clock) look_at myLook_at(clock)}

I dont know if that is the right sintax but u can use documentantion for it.
Just use spline keyword instead of spline macros. Create 2 splines one for
path and other one for look_at and use them on the camera. If u want to
focus to a single point use a simple vector for the var myLook_at.

See ya.

                   Manuel Mata Rueda
                   http://es.geocities.com/manuel_mata_rueda