POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Physical model : Re: Physical model Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:28:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physical model
From: s1ime
Date: 10 Aug 2004 02:00:05
Message: <web.411863c05f4c2bc17a1223d30@news.povray.org>
"Andres Rojas" <jat### [at] telefonicanet> wrote:
> Ohhh!! It's great your link. It's just what it was looking for.

Thank you :)

> But I'm
> lost. What version of PovRay did you used? You used Megapov or SimPov?

I use povray 3.5 for rendering, but the physics are done through my
framework (that uses the Open Dynamics Engine library).

> I have tried to compile your source file of newton simulation and I have
> several problems. I used Megapov version 1.0 and Povray 3.6 but they seem
> there are incompalible on a Windows XP machine.

Those source files are in Lua syntax, and are read by Phi (my robotics
framework) to get the scene description. It's not an extension to the
PovRay SDL, so indeed it couldn't be successfully read by povray or
megapov.

Once Phi is ready for the masses you'll be noticed ;)

Cheers,

Daniel