POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : So... : Re: So... Server Time
26 Apr 2024 22:32:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So...
From: nomail
Date: 8 Aug 2004 11:00:00
Message: <web.41163e95d0ed11ec569e9b810@news.povray.org>
> I second that, though I do fear this might be a bit of a "give Gilles a new PC"
> contest ;) (just kidding)

Hmm, I must admit that this thought crossed my mind too.  If Gilles is going
to be competing, perhaps an explanation from the organizers of why this
contest is not simply a "Gilles Tran Acclamation" is in order.  I notice
the judges are currently remaining anonymous.  Are they Tran fans?!  I also
notice whenever I go to the povray.org homepage, there's a bias towards
displaying Tran's images.  Is the person responsible for povray.org also
one of the judges?!  Tran is good, but other people are good too (and to be
frank, Tran is not a personal favorite of mine).

Tran may not be competing, on the other hand, maybe he's already sitting on
an image he's worked on for months intending to upload it to the "contest"
at the last minute...

Nick