POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : texture_maps and patterns : Re: texture_maps and patterns Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture_maps and patterns
From: Queex
Date: 4 Aug 2004 07:05:00
Message: <web.4110c1b3e77d62b5cf668310@news.povray.org>
For some reason the following was deleted from the start of my post:

"I want to use a texture map with a user-defined pattern function (as
opposed
to the in-built ones). Is this possible? The texture_map documentation
seems to imply that the pattern you specify is simply a function, and the
documentation on patterns says you can define pattern functions, but when
I've attempted to put the two together the parse fails with an 'expected
pattern, found function' error. Is it shoddy syntax or am I trying to do
the impossible?"