POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Mysteriously Disappearing Planet : Re: Mysteriously Disappearing Planet Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mysteriously Disappearing Planet
From: Patrick
Date: 29 Jul 2004 14:50:00
Message: <web.410945e9b27157af1e805b560@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
> In article <web.41091a596ec925de1e805b560@news.povray.org> , "Patrick"
> <pat### [at] hagwarecom> wrote:
>
> > I'm putting this in the povray.newusers area because I suspect it may be a
> > question that only someone with limited knowledge of POV-Ray might find
> > themselves needing to ask.  I, however, have been using POV-Ray off and on
> > for quite a few years.  My first POV-Ray stuff was done back when it was a
> > DOS-based program.
>
> Indeed, and the reason is given at
> <http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/languageQandT.html#largescaleproblems>
> because this is a frequently asked question.
>
>     Thorsten

Well, I'd never before tried making anything as big as a planet.  I've taken
this as a lesson to read available FAQ material before asking a dumb
question.

I've printed the entire 19-page Questions and Tips section, 3-hole punched
it, and put it at the front of my POV-Ray notebook.  I won't make this kind
of mistake again.

Thanks for your help.

- Patrick