POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Compilation options for MinGW : Re: Compilation options for MinGW Server Time
30 Jun 2024 12:11:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compilation options for MinGW
From: acasta
Date: 29 Jul 2004 11:20:00
Message: <web.41091558533f1f15117bdd960@news.povray.org>
I've compiled the unix/linux source distribution with the Cygwin environment
and results have been quite different. A summary:

Official povWin binary: about 30''
MinGW binary (GUI): 90''
MinGW binary (console, tried different optimisation options): 80''
Cygwin binary: 47''

I'll try to replicate exactly the same options in MinGW ans see what happens
(but I think most options were the same).

By the way, what compiler is used for the official linux binary?

acasta