POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Ellipsoid intersection : Re: Ellipsoid intersection Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:54:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ellipsoid intersection
From: Nigglefish
Date: 27 Jul 2004 12:20:00
Message: <web.4106805bcea60bd74ef218200@news.povray.org>
Ok, more specific details:

Any time I non-uniformly scale an object (at least if I end up with scaled
normals that are not aligned with the axis) I get screwy surface normals
(in reflections, and for use with shading).
I am currently using a 'm->tranformDirection(Vector * v)' method which does
a full transform using the matrix 'm' except that it ignores the fourth row
or the matrix (ie: the translation row).
I tried using the MTransNormal() code from povray (in a fairly shameful
manner) but didn't have any luck. I'm still as confused as ever.